Providing best-practice forensic psychology intervention & assessment
The Forensic Psychology Centre (FPC) is a service that provides independent psychological assessment as well as treatment and training services for forensic and legal matters Australia-wide.
We provide expertise in risk assessments, formulations, treatment plans, risk management plans, recommendations to court, rehabilitation and counselling. FPC is the only forensic service in Australia that has the capability to utilise polygraph and penile plethysmography (PPG) in the assessment and treatment services provided.
Psychological Risk Assessments and Court Reports
Our psychologists provide expert opinion and court reports on forensic psychological matters, including general risk assessments and specific sexual and violence risk assessment.
Highly qualified and experienced team
Our psychologists are doctoral and post-graduate experts with many years experience working in healthcare, correctional and legal systems. All our psychologists are members of the Australian Psychological Society and fully registered with the Psychology Board of Australia. We have an emerging research profile and maintain our clinical and forensic specialities through ongoing inter-disciplinary professional development.
We offer advice and consultancy to legal proceedings, health and social service agencies, government departments, non-governmental organisations and individuals navigating the legal system.
Forensic Psychology Centre Expert Services
Following are examples of the types of instructions we undertake:
- Competence to stand trial & suggestibility
- Sentencing & mitigation
- Violence risk assessment & intervention
- Assessment & treatment with special populations, including intellectual disability & mental illness
- Sexual offending risk assessment & intervention
- Post-conviction sex offender polygraph testing
- Sexual deviancy assessment
- Family Court reports
- Forensic family assessments, including risk of harm & capacity to protect
- Compulsive use of the Internet, including sexual addiction and child abuse and exploitation images
- Domestic violence
- Mental vulnerability & impairment
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Criminal compensation
- Immigration matters
- Mitigation reports
- Consultancy to tribunals and inquiries
Please call us on (07) 3162 0611 for a confidential discussion about your matter or email us with details of your enquiry or requirements.
We can provide advice and a quotation for expert services to help you or your client with the psychological evaluation requirements of your matter.